Join Our Team
Are you interested in a veterinary career? Work with us!
The jobs listed in the blue boxes below are currently open positions. To apply fill out the form at the bottom of this page. For any position with the exception of Kennel Crew member, please attach a resume with a cover letter.
We look forward to meeting you!
Veterinary Technician (with large animal experience)
Animal Medical Center is a busy mixed animal practice with the only emergency services in North Eastern Wyoming. We are currently looking for a Veterinary Technician/Assistant that has large animal experience. Salary would depend on experience. Beginning the hiring process with an internship period is optional. The following is a detailed job description:
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN/ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
- Animal Medical Center’s Veterinary Technicians/Assistants assist Veterinarians in all aspects of patient care, Interact with and educate clients.
- Administer veterinary prescribed treatments and medication
- Restrain Equine patients for veterinarians
- Operate large animal restraint equipment
- Knowledge in equine and bovine procedures
- Administration of large animal medications IV, IM, SQ and PO
- Monitoring equine patients while under intravenous anesthesia
- Acquire laboratory samples
- Processing in-house and reference lab samples
- Anesthesia administration and monitoring
- Surgical preparation
- Caring for hospitalized patients
- Triage for emergency and critical care patients
- Work with and communicate patiently with clients in varying emotional states
- Compassionate and gentle care of patients
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Checking in and discharging patients
- Collecting medical history
- Obtaining patient vitals
- Filling medication prescriptions
- Entering and maintaining proper electronic medical records
- Client education
- Able to use windows based computer system, email and other skills to effectively use the practice management software.
- High School Degree or G.E.D. Completion of an AVMA accredited Veterinary Technology program preferred.
- Experience working with large animals
- Must be able to safely lift 50 pounds.
- Basic math and writing skills
AMC’s Veterinary Technicians/Assistants must possess good leadership, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, compassion, a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and teamwork skills. Multi-tasking and accepting constructive criticism is essential. Punctuality is a must. A direct but gentle communication style is preferred. This job description does not necessarily cover every task or duty that might be assigned. There may be additional responsibilities assigned as necessary. If you have questions or concerns about this job description, contact Kasi Skinner CVT.
Submit resume and cover letter in person to Animal Medical Center 200 East Lakeway, Gillette WY 82718.
If you are unable to submit cover letter and resume in person please email to email@example.com Attn: Kasi Skinner CVT with an explanation as to why you couldn’t submit in person.
Our Competitive Pay Package -which combines base pay with a commission percentage- includes Insurance, 401K, paid time off, and a flexible schedule that can include weekends or not.
Bring in a resume and cover letter to Animal Medical Center, 200 East Lakeway Road, and become part of our team!
Apply online or by submitting a resume and filling out an application in person at AMC, 200 East Lakeway, Gillette WY 82718.